Historic Depot Square
Evanston's Historic Depot Square is a beautiful park located adjacent to the train tracks in downtown Evanston. It is a focal point and gathering place for both residents and visitors alike. Many historic buildings call Depot Square home, such as the historic Union Pacific Train Depot, Uinta County Museum, Chinese Joss House Museum, Chinese Gazebo and Garden, Beeman-Cashin Building, Chamber of Commerce, Andrew Carnegie Library, and many other historically significant buildings and structures dating to Evanston’s railroad heritage.
The 2019 Evanston Bluegrass Festival is as a full day outdoor concert featuring 6 award winning bands, held on the lawn at beautiful and historic Depot Square.
A few helpful tips...
- Enjoy the fresh air and award winning music while relaxing on the lawn. Bring your blankets, lawn chairs and sunscreen.
- Come prepared for weather. It can be very warm during the day and quite cool in the evening. The show goes on, rain or shine.
- Four legged friends on leashes are very welcome.
- Some picnic tables are available on the lawn--first come, first served.
- Smoking is allowed in the outdoor areas, but please be considerate of others around you.
- No glass containers are allowed on the premises.
- Coolers with water, nonalcoholic beverages and food are a-okay. No outside alcohol allowed in the venue.
- Bring your ID if you wish to partake of the beer or wine. You will be given a wristband verifying your age. Unfortunately, no ID, no wristband.