Siler City, North Carolina
Hailing from Siler City, NC, the textbook definition of a picturesque small southern town, Nu-Blu’s heart and soul is husband-and-wife duo Daniel and Carolyn Routh. Carolyn’s caramel-coated soprano is one of the band’s defining traits, at times a tender lullaby, at times a freight train headed straight for you, but always unwinding a surprising tale. Daniel is the group’s backbone, a multi-instrumentalist and vocalist who also handles band management. TJ Honaker on vocals and banjo, and Clint White on fiddle/mandolin round out the quartet’s warm, layered, American roots sound. Together they deliver upbeat, blazing-fingers pick work just as well as gentle, heartwarming ballads, and they do it all with a natural togetherness that can’t be faked, forged over hundreds of shows on the road.
Nu-Blu has been bringing their unique sound to audiences around the world. Touring over 200 days each year and with national TV appearances, Billboard and radio charting, and even a #1 most played song on Sirius/XM radio!
Nu-Blu Career Highlights
- Appeared on Fox News’ Huckabee, Imus in the Morning
The Better Show and more!
- Topped the Sirius-XM Most Played Songs List
- Carolina Music Awards- Country Band of the Year
- Top 10 on Billboard, Bluegrass Unlimited, Roots Music, and Bluegrass Today Radio Charts
- 2 time CMA FanFest Performing Artist
- 4 time International Bluegrass Association Fan Fest Performing Artist
- MerleFest - Top 10 Breakout Artist
- Folk Alliance Official Performing Artist
- 4 time NAMM Show Official Performance Artist